Sunday, March 18, 2012

Three Miles To The Exit


By the early 1990s,"Three Miles To The Exit" was a staple song I'd include in all my travel tapes for the car. I always found this song a go-to tune, as the main lyrics, "three miles to the exit", were always appropriate for my task at hand. They seemed to have a deep meaning that provided me a host of feelings that always felt correct. As one who always hears the music before the lyrics, I can't even remember what this tune is about; and it doesn't matter. And I do know it was, and is, about anything I need it to be at any given time. But more importantly, the song makes me happy. I don't know why.

"Three Miles To The Exit" is from The Skeptics'album, Snallygaster. The following video was shot for the documentary, The Skeptics In A World Of Their Own, but it was not included in full. It reveals the boys on the way to practice at their secret location in Frederick, Maryland.

So, here's the full version, and who knows, maybe those of you reading this blog entry will find something in this song and we'll meet on the exit one day...or night:

 

Get your copy of the documentary about The Skeptics, The Skeptics In A World Of Their Own, at FilmBaby.

No comments:

Post a Comment