Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Lincoln and the Holsteins

When I was contacted by The Skeptics' manager, Ol' Hole Heels (OHH), in 2006 to make a documentary about The Skeptics, he said I had to shoot videos for two of his favorite songs, Holstein Saga and The Ghost of Abraham Lincoln. Liking those songs myself, I was more than happy to oblige. But what I didn't figure on was the boys putting up such a fuss. They had no time for such things. Hell, they didn't even want to do a documentary about their band. Now making matters worst, OHH was asking them to play the songs again. It would prove to be a long fight. 

Finally, in the summer of 2009, OHH was able to convince them to get together so I could shoot a video for each of the songs. Exacerbating the already heated situation, it was August and happened to be the hottest day of the year. I showed up at location and a couple hours later, OHH and the boys arrived. There was much grumbling, but they kept their bitching in check because OHH had promised them ample supply of no-bake cookies, grape cool-aid, and a variety of other treats. I had their attention for the afternoon.

By the end of the day, I had my footage and the following two music videos are featured in the documentary:

 Holstein Saga
The Ghost Of Abraham Lincoln

No comments:

Post a Comment